Sunday, September 30, 2007
I've just had blessings showered upon me for the last couple days and it has been amazing. I'm just going to start thanking people, so in your mind picture me making a speech, like at the Oscars.
I want to thank Jesus, who loves me so tenderly, understands my every thought and need, and orchestrates every blessing.
I want to thank my amazing family, who love God and trust him with every step. You showered me with fun gifts (a basket delivered to my work, new "cozies," running shoes, a purse from Erin, money -already spent!- from Grandpa and Grandma, and more) and glasses of red wine and amazing conversation. I received some fun gifts from the Brown side, too - shoes, Dance Dance Revolution for the Xbox 360 (I should really post pictures of that one sometime), and more spending money (also already spent!). Thank you, thank you. You made me feel so special.
I thank my co-workers at Z, who sang Happy Birthday to me, took me out for lunch (thanks again, Brenda!), and just stopped by my cube to say hi. It was so great to be back in the office for a day!
And I want to thank my friends. I had friends call and/or leave messages for me on Facebook. I shared sweet fellowship with Grace and Kathy (Saturday morning) and then Kara and Julie (Saturday afternoon). (Erika, we missed you!!!) I'm so thankful for friends to share life with... good times and tough times. No need to put up pretenses or make small talk. Just honest, encouraging, real conversation. I also loved seeing/kissing/snuggling little babies that I don't get to watch grow up as easily these days. Thank you for also for my gifts! Burts Bees products, a yummy candle, Chinese takeout, and a flower holder. I love them all.
And, last but not least, my sweet hubby, who couldn't be with me on my birthday (he was on a Wild At Heart-themed retreat with some guys from school) but gave me lots of calls, let me order a Timbuk2 bag last weekend, and had beautiful flowers (and a cleaned-up living room) here for me when I returned home. He knows knows what I like! And then a dinner out at our favorite pizza place when I got home. Perfect.
Such blessings. So thankful. So smiley right now.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I had a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte for supper. Picked out new scrapbook stuff at the cute little store down the street. Checked out Macy's for a new coat (didn't find one, but it was fun to look.) Turned on some Jeremy Camp/Derek Webb/Third Day. Scrapbooked for a couple of hours. Made a couple of cards. Took Riley on a walk.
And now I get to go pick up my hubby from school. Yay! I think the "good for the soul" night will continue with investigating the new samples (!) he'll bring home and then snuggling into bed.
A good night.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Jessica: So where do you want to live after you're done with school?
Josh: Depends on where I get a job.
Jessica: But if you could choose?
Josh: I don't know... Minneapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Chicago, Indy... somewhere in the Midwest, probably. Or Kellogg's is in Battle Creek. Or Whirlpool in St. Joe. Don't want to live in L.A. or on the East Coast, but we'll see.
Jessica: What about the Pacific Northwest? Or Denver?
Josh: I could be up for that.
Jessica: I could never see us living south of the Mason-Dixon line, could you?
Josh: Honey, we now live south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Hm. Good to know.
I forget that we live so far south.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
... and as I was looking online for the highligher-with-tab graphic, i came across this way fun website. You can actually enter a sweepstakes to will a free Timbuk2 bag! AND - genius - if you interact with their site (basically click around a fake office and learn about Post-It products) you can get yourself more chances to win it. Some marketer somewhere was thinking!! I was very impressed. And, not surprisingly, more interested in Post-It products than I ever have been.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Iced Shortbread Thumbprints
Thursday, September 13, 2007
There have been so many small, exciting moments, too. Let me share some (NOT in any particular order - Josh looked over my shoulder and was sad he didn't make it until #5):
1. I discovered the Monroe County Library and it is big and wonderful and has a great book selection. Good becuase I have no budget for purchasing non-Zondervan books.
2. They gave me a library card that attaches to my key chain! I've never seen that before! Maybe those are common place now... I'm not sure. But someone was thinkin'.
3. I went to my first Partner's Club Book Club, and it was really fun. We discussed One True Thing and made plans for the next few months. I'm very excited for the books we'll soon be reading! I even got a Zondervan book to make the list.
4. I got a couple more books from my mother-in-law in the mail. One was a different Charles Martin book (because I loved When Crickets Cry so much) and the other was The Truth Teller, which looks really good!
Ok, for some non-book-related happy moments:
5. Josh is taking me on a date tonight to The Olive Garden... mmm... I don't get to see him as much as I used to so these date nights have become even more special!
6. There is a FALL CHILL in the air! Yipee! I LOVE FALL. Sweatshirts, jeans, apple cider, football, pretty colors... what more can you ask for. Plus, since it has been crazy hot here lately it is a beautiful wonderful thing to have to wear long pants when you go places. When I drove to work this morning (and I go straight through campus) it was like 50 degrees and all the students were wrapped up in their hoodie sweatshirts... it made me smile.7. I made lasagne for the first time (that time with Kara when we made some for Julie and Erika didn't count, because she was really holding my hand the entire time and it was still a disaster). It tasted good but didn't exactly hold together well. Pretty much a mishedy-mash of sauce, cheese, and noodles. However, when you use Grandma Ackerman's "Bear Meat" sauce recipe, anything tastes good.
8. Lets just say Riley was struggling with some digestional problems earlier this week and I believe they've cleared up.
9. The Riley/Josh snuggle reading moment from a couple days ago.
10. Discovering an outlet mall about an hour from here with a BANANA REPUBLIC outlet store... and wow was it good. Josh even got a new suit. He looks very handsome in it :).
I'm thankful for a God who gives me unexpected little blessings that I don't deserve throughout my days and weeks.
Now I'm off to go on my date with my cute hubby.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
That's all for now!!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
So great to have two fun jobs.
And The Office Season 3 came out today.
A good day :).