Monday, February 22, 2010

Another Adoption Story

This won't come as a surprise to anyone, I'm sure, but let me just say that I LOVE hearing about other people's adoption stories. I've talked to numerous relatives, coworkers, and friends, and each time I'm so encouraged by learning about the journey others have gone on this crazy road to bringing biologically unrelated kids into a family.

And, in the wonderful world of bloggyland, I find blog after blog of adoption stories. In typical blog-stalker fashion, I dig in people's archives to read the accounts of the day they met their kids. The first time they saw a picture. The first days back home. I love it.

When we first made our big announcement, a family I know from the church I grew up in contacted me and sent me the link to their adoption story.

I thought you might enjoy reading it. It's extremely tender and heartwarming (not to mention eloquent), and their heart toward their kids and adoption in general is very much in sync with how we feel.

Enjoy.

The de Haan's adoption story

No comments: