Saturday, April 7, 2007

New (and Bad) At This


Hi Everyone...


Actually, hi no one, because I'm the only one who reads my blog at this point. One of these days I'll make it known to other people that I do in fact have one.
Here is an updated picture of us, from a recent trip to California.

I'm new at this, and though a lot of things have gone on since I last posted (2 months ago), I don't know where to begin. We're still moving to Indiana this summer and will be visiting the campus next weekend already. I'm so excited for all of the opportunities we have in front of us, and little nervous, too! Next weekend we'll be shopping for apartments, meeting who will become our new friends, and getting to know the town that will be home to us for two years. Weird, exciting, scary, fun.

Tomorrow is Easter. Resurrection Sunday, as they like to call it at Mars Hill. They've encouraged us at church to leave something behind... to think about our lives and what needs to change, and then bring an object that represents this change to church tomorrow morning. We've been thinking about what we want to leave behind, and I think for both of us it is selfishness. Throughout this lent season we've been learning about the needs of this world, from homelessness to HIV/AIDS to slavery. God has put this world on our hearts and now we're looking for ways to jump in and help. We don't want to live lives that simply revolve around us. We want to be the type of people that Jesus talks about:

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 35-36 TNIV

So there is our Easter. We're excited to see what God has in store, and not at all sure what it will look like. I'm bringing a pancake casserole to my parents' house tomorrow and feel as though I should do a trial run on it today to make sure it works out. We'll see how that goes.
Blessings!







3 comments:

The Telmans said...

I read it and it was a great entry. You are official now!

Melinda said...

hey Jessica! I found you through my TNIV google alert...hehehe

Glad to see you have a blog. I'll keep up with your life better now!
-M

BagOfNothing.com said...

i was hoping to see the pictures but they didnt come through