Thursday, May 24, 2007

Random Glimpses

This post has no rhyme or reason, but no worries, here we go. Hold on tight.

Here are some pics from a weekend I had with friends from college (Dee Dee, Jamie, and Jessica) in Traverse City. WONderful spa treatments, euchre (see below for Jamie's barn doors!), nail painting, junk food eating, and shopping were just some of our blissful activities from our weekend together. I love these girls! It was a huge blessing to spend the weekend together.


Totally unrelated:
Today I woke up in a mild panic. It was one of those mornings... I overslept, ran around like a crazy lady getting for ready for work, then sped out without even grabbing something to eat. I hit none of the 4 traffic lights quite right, and knew that I would be late to work. DANG - I hate that. Then I turned into the parking lot. It was eerily empty. I looked down, and yes, it was 7 am, not 8. I start work at 8. Far from being 1 minute late for work, I was 59 minutes early. What a way to start a day.
****
There is something that warms my soul about cleaning out the car after a long winter of dirt and dust. Granted, winter has been done for awhile now and I've had ample opportunity to do it for months. Finally we got around to doing it (with both cars even) and it is simply wonderful to have clean cars. You know, for a couple weeks.
****
Tonight I was just reminded how big God is. I came across this Psalm today while reading, and it made me smile big inside, so I thought I'd share. I especially love the last line.
Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O Lord, you preserve both man and beeast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36:5-7








1 comment:

The Telmans said...

Jess, love the entry, rambling is best sometimes. The spa looked nice, girl's weekends/days are a necessity even after you get married. I think it helps you reconnect with the part of you that isn't soley a wife. Have you ever heard the song Third Day did of that Psalm? It is one of my favorites, definately worth a listen.