Friday, December 7, 2007

If You Know It, Hum Along

I've been thinking a bit about surrender lately, especially while reading this book. Often this hymn comes to mind. There are some times in my life that this song is more true of me than others. Most of the time I'm just far from it. But this is where I want to be, and where I'm headed. And thankfully God is okay with the mess at the moment and is molding the work-in-progress that I am.

Just singing/whistling/humming/whispering this helps me head in the right direction.

All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him;
In His presence daily live

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

No comments: