Sunday, March 29, 2009

House Hunters: Columbus, OH

We’ve spent all kinds of time looking at homes online for the past few months, and even took some trips to Buckeye-ville to check things out.

And finally – finally - it was time to start looking in person. So, along with our wonderfully nice and helpful Realtor, we set off Friday morning and started really looking. We toured countless homes over the weekend, nervously praying for wisdom along the way and reminding ourselves that it was 100% okay if we didn’t find something right away. To our surprise, there were a few that really caught our eye.

Indulge me in some House Hunters fun (and try to imagine a very Suzanne Whang voice when you read this next part).






This 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bathroom home is the largest and newest home on their list, but it is at the high end of their price range. It has the large open kitchen and cathedral ceilings they were looking for, but the décor wasn’t their style and it would need a significant investment in improving the flooring and painting the walls. It is located in a desirable neighborhood and overlooks a golf course, but there was evidence of water damage in the basement.






This 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bathroom split level home is located in a convenient area known for good schools. It is on the low end of their price range, and completely move-in ready. They loved the updated kitchen, great room, and hardwood floors throughout. However, it is the oldest and smallest house they’re interested in, with small bathrooms and closets.






This 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bathroom home sits on a half acre of land in a desirable established neighborhood. They like the open feel of the floor plan, but don’t care for the flooring, kitchen cupboards, or carpeted master bathroom. While they like the curb appeal better than the others, the house needs some significant updates inside.

Did they go for the big new house with the crazy colors?

The small but cute Tudor that is already decorated to their taste?

Or the large brick home that needs interior updating?


I'll leave you guessing for a day or two. But we did put in an offer on one of these and waiting to hear back. I pray God's will be done in any case, but I hope it is in His plan for us to have this house. We will find out soon, I'm sure.

10 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats on putting an offer! That's awesome. It looks like you guys had a successful weekend. I'm voting for the second house, but that's just me. Can't wait to hear what you chose!

Tanya Searle said...

Congratulations Jessica!! This is so exciting. We are hoping to make our big house hunting trip in about 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Yay! How exciting! I love the House Hunters post. :)

I'm betting on #2 or #3, leaning towards #3.

Short Stop said...

AWESOME!!! SO exciting!

I'm going with #3. Love all of them, though. Based on all of our conversations about housing, I could see why each one of these would be appealing to you!

Congrats! Can't wait to hear!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm happy that you could look in a buyer's market. I'm guessing #2 or #3.

Zaankali said...

#2 is such a pretty house! Can't wait to hear what you pick.

Beth said...

Congrats! I hope you guys get the one you want at a great price. Very exciting! They are all really cool in different ways. Tough choices.

I am leaning toward #2, but that's because I hate cleaning the bathroom, so the smaller the better, and I hate having stuff I don't use/wear, so I'm all for smaller closets.

Good luck, I hope you get just what you want!

Laura said...

What a fun post! I hope things work out and that you enjoy being a homeowner. I vote #2, but it looks like #1 could be fun but with a serious paint job.

Lynn said...

Ooohhh! The suspense!!!

I vote for house #2 only because major house renovation projects do not appeal to me (and my hubby with the crazy work schedule). Can't wait to see which you chose!

Jenni S. said...

Very creative way to show the houses you were looking at. Yeah, that first one was a little crazy looking!