It was approximately 8 minutes after I informed Josh of this news that the wheels started turning in his head...
We won't be traveling to Russia this year...
We have a bit of a budget breather since the adoption is on hold...
We don't need to save up vacation time for the adoption...
So what does this add up to?
Oh yes, another trip to Europe.
When Josh proposed the idea the next day I wasn't immediately on board. Basically, I just didn't want a repeat performance of this (in my second trimester of a pregnancy):
No backpacks. No hauling stuff from one town to the next. When Josh vacations in new places, he likes to GO GO GO and SEE SEE SEE as much as possible. It made me tired just to think about it.
So we compromised. And we're scheduled to take a 7 night Baltic cruise out of Oslo, Norway in early June. We'll stop in Copenhagen, Tallin, and St. Petersburg, I think.
The "pros" of the cruise idea are these:
1. Our stuff stays put.
2. We don't need to hop from trains to buses to flights to cabs to get around.
3. This particular one is much, much cheaper than getting 7 nights of hotel rooms (not to mention food)
4. There are a few "at sea" days where I'll be able to lay about on the deck wearing a boat-sized bathing suit.
5. Did I mention NOT having to schlep my crap from one city to the next?
6. We'll get to see a variety of places.
Do people our age take Baltic cruises? I don't even know. We just might be the youngest people there by a long shot. But we're fine with that!
Should be fun.