Thursday, April 15, 2010

Babymoon

It was approximately 8 minutes after I informed Josh of this news that the wheels started turning in his head...

We won't be traveling to Russia this year...

We have a bit of a budget breather since the adoption is on hold...

We don't need to save up vacation time for the adoption...




So what does this add up to?

Oh yes, another trip to Europe.

When Josh proposed the idea the next day I wasn't immediately on board. Basically, I just didn't want a repeat performance of this (in my second trimester of a pregnancy):

Europe 2000

No backpacks. No hauling stuff from one town to the next. When Josh vacations in new places, he likes to GO GO GO and SEE SEE SEE as much as possible. It made me tired just to think about it.

So we compromised. And we're scheduled to take a 7 night Baltic cruise out of Oslo, Norway in early June. We'll stop in Copenhagen, Tallin, and St. Petersburg, I think.

The "pros" of the cruise idea are these:

1. Our stuff stays put.
2. We don't need to hop from trains to buses to flights to cabs to get around.
3. This particular one is much, much cheaper than getting 7 nights of hotel rooms (not to mention food)
4. There are a few "at sea" days where I'll be able to lay about on the deck wearing a boat-sized bathing suit.
5. Did I mention NOT having to schlep my crap from one city to the next?
6. We'll get to see a variety of places.

Do people our age take Baltic cruises? I don't even know. We just might be the youngest people there by a long shot. But we're fine with that!

Should be fun.

7 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Good compromise! I can't wait to hear about it -- when are you going?

Mike and Rebecca said...

Awesome! We just got back from a cruise and had a great time. It is definitely relaxing. On your port days you can do the GO GO GO but then you get back, relax, eat good food, and watch the nightly performances!

Chelsea said...

Oh how fun! I'd love to go on a European cruise one day, can't wait to hear all about it!!
PS I left you a little present on my blog (you'll have to go to yesterdays post)

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

WOW! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned! And congrats on the newest edition to The Brown Family!

Ani said...

Hi! Just found your blog... Congrats on your pregnancy! We (at age 30!) took a Baltic cruise and loved it. Turned out to be our babymoon as well, bc we were matched with our son 2 months later :-)

jbajema said...

That sounds wonderful! What a way to see the Scandinavian countries.

Erika said...

Have a great trip, Jess, I hear cruises are the best vacations ever :)