1. College football season is upon us again. Holla! It's my favorite time of year.
2. We've seen some slices of delightfully cool weather. Jeans weather. Sweatshirt weather. It reminds me of Pumpkin Spice Lattes, apple picking, and a host of other fall goodness. And then today I was boiling in my long jeans. Come back, cold!
3. Life can change a lot in one year, can't it? We hung out with our friends, the LeComptes, on the first Michigan game of the year last year, on Labor Day weekend. I was 30 weeks pregnant, and DeeDee was 39. We were both wearing our husbands' shirts in this picture. DeeDee and Chris' twin boys were born the next day.
And then we saw them again this past Labor Day weekend, for the first football game. 3 kids later. And, DeeDee and I are wearing Michigan t-shirts of our own this time around. Gratefully.
I can't speak to what Noah (big kid in the background) is doing in this picture.
I watched all four kids solo for an hour or so. The LeComptes helpfully dressed Drew in blue for me. Will is in "maize", while Caroline is sporting a cheerleader outfit. We start 'em young.
4. The rest of Labor Day weekend was spent on the West side of Michigan, with my family. Caroline went on her first Big Whitefish Lake boat ride.
She was seriously harassed by the life jacket.
And really now... how cute are these kids? Caroline with cousins Aiydan and Aiyannah.
Aiydan drove the boat with my dad.
And then Caroline felt the need to check out uncle Ben.
All in all, a great holiday weekend.
5. Michigan just had them one of the BEST COMEBACKS EVER against Notre Dame. My heart still races just to think of it. I don't know if I've ever felt such a range of emotions in a mere 72 seconds as I did in the last moments of the game.
6. Go blue and happy fall.