Friday, December 26, 2008

A Favorite Christmas Carol

Since for me, the celebration of the birth of Christ lives on past December 25th, I put set Pandora to "Classic Christmas" today. This first song it picked for me has long been one of my very favorites.

What child is this, who lays to rest,
On Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet
While shepherds watch are keeping?

This, this is Christ the King
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing.
Haste, haste to bring him praise,
The babe, the son of Mary.

So bring him incense, gold and myrrh
Come, peasant king, to own him.
The King of Kings salvation brings;
Let loving hearts enthrone him.

For me, this song gets at the wonder of a baby that warrants angel songs and visiting shepherds. What kind of baby could it be? Not just any baby.

Only the King of Kings. The One who would later suffer, and who, through His death, would conquer death and sin. The One who brings salvation, indeed.

What an incredible gift.

Let my heart love and enthrone Him.

3 comments:

The Telmans said...

Love the ski updates as well as the Christmas carol. My favorite is "Oh Holy Night" for the same reason. If the right person is singing, the song can give me goosebumps every time!

Jenni S. said...

This is such a beautiful song. I can see why it's one of your favorites. May we all love and enthrone Him every day.

Anonymous said...

If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
Personalized Signature:金陵热线棋牌游戏中心,名城苏州游戏中心,云南信息港游戏,彭城视窗棋牌游戏中心,江苏互联星空棋牌游戏中心,广西休闲游戏中心,安徽棋牌游戏中心