Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Backseat

Back Seat Pictures, Images and Photos



Between Josh's graduation, buying a house, saying goodbye to friends, moving to a different city, starting a variety of home renovation projects AND traveling to Europe, we find ourselves in the most exciting 3 month period we've ever had.

Not to mention busiest. And most expensive.

It sank in when our offer was accepted on our house.

Wait a second, we said. We close in 5 weeks? Then move in in 6?

Then head to Europe 3 weeks after that?

And since we want to paint and stuff in our new place before furniture comes, we need to pick out our colors soon. And we're thinking of new floors... and since those need to be ordered ahead of time, we need to figure them out NOW. And what about our apartment here - we still need to paint that white again. And what about utilities? Since I work from home, I'll need Internet set up right away. But which company do we choose?

Ah, the ignorant bliss we lived in just a mere 10 days ago.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not at all complaining. I've never been so excited in my life, and I'm oh so thankful for the blessings of Josh's new job, my continued job, and our new place.

But it is clear to us that we will be busy busy busy until (at least!) the end of June. We'll be in a whirlwind of paint samples, passports, contractors, and re-learning how to cut grass in a backyard. Praise the Lord for parents eager to help!

But because of this amazingly fun and crazy schedule a few things are just going to have to take a backseat.

Like this blog.

My posting has clearly slowed down, and it will continue to be slow. But rest assured I'll do my best to keep you up to date with all the happenings in the Brown family. I'll have so many things to report on I won't be able to resist.

5 comments:

Jenni S. said...

LOVE how you tied this together. When you first started telling your story I kept thinking -- what does this have to do with her car? LOL.

I totally know how you feel, since that's kind of been my problem over the last few months. What an exciting time for you, though!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Best of luck! I am sure you will be busy, but it is all so exciting. We are going to be really sad when you move though, maybe we'll have to come visit you in Columbus though and see your new house. We are so happy for you!

Erika said...

Cute, Jess :) I'll miss the constant updates but completely understand! God bless your adventures and give you wisdom for the road ahead.

Chrispy Critter said...

How exciting! Let me know if I can help!

Lynn said...

Seems like many of us have slowed down on our blogging (thank goodness because there's no way I could keep up!). Can't wait to read about more of your coming adventures!