Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Bathroom Counter

Can we say in transition?


This is my bathroom counter top. It speaks volumes about our life right now:

1. It is a complete mess. And my bathroom counter is never messy unless we're moving or something.

(You didn't buy that for a second, did you? I didn't think so. Moving on.)

2. My darling travel cosmetic bags are out, and that usually isn't the case when I'm, you know, at home. But since my toiletries are located in about five different places, none of which are in my bathroom, the travel bags do the trick for now.

3. There is a beach towel on the floor. Same song, second verse for #2. I'm not sure where all of our normal bath towels are at the moment, and beach towels work quite well for drying off post-showers.

4. Then there is the general intermingling of power tools, painting supplies, makeup, a contact case, a screwdriver, an electric shaver, and the plastic bag of liquids they gave me at the Portland airport last week. Since we're working on all kinds of little projects, tools seem to be scattered throughout the house. Case in point.



Yup, this is life for the next little while.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Oh I totally remember those days -- I'm twitching a little just thinking about it. LOL. Can't wait to hear/see more about the house!