Thursday, June 4, 2009

When In Rome

Do as the Romans do, right?

And the second night we were in town we discovered that Romans like to take a night time stroll.

The first night we got there I had an ugly cold and dropped by achy, sniffly, sneezy body into bed as soon as I possibly could. But with the help of an Italian pharmacist who could make out my hand gestures to mean I wanted a nasal decongestant, I was mostly good to go by the second evening.

I've never seen so many people - of all ages and classes - out at all hours of the night. Walking.



So that is what we did, and I'm so thankful. The city is beautiful and interesting by day, but at night it takes on a different sort of glow.

The Forum of Julius Ceasar

Nearby Trajan's Column

Victor Emmanuel II (first king of Italy) Monument, with the worldk's largest equestrian monument there in front.

My favorite, the Trevi Fountain. In general, I loved the fountains we came across all around Rome.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

That stinks that you got sick! Glad you're beginning to feel better. I can only imagine nightly strolls through romantic foreign countries...it sounds lovely.