Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fake Cocktail

Obviously, real cocktails are "out" for me this summer. I do miss the occasional G&T or screwdriver, I must admit.

What's a pregnant girl to do? Whip up an alternative.

Half OJ, half Sprite or 7up. Over ice. Add some lime juice.


And now I'm totally addicted. It's light. It's refreshing. I can drink it during my work day. And most importantly, it won't harm the nugget. A perfect summer treat.

I can knock quite a few of these puppies back, let me just tell you.

Now if only I could find a good substitute for red wine...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the alcohol removed wine by FRE? I have found it in Harris Teeter. They have a red and white wine. It's definitely not the same, but it's the closest thing I have found.

Allie, Peeps2 said...

It's not quite red wine, but if you like Sangria I make a mean virgin Sangria with grape juice, cinnamon sticks, orange &/or apple juice, and sliced oranges. :) Mix it all together in a punch bowl and let it sit for a few hours. Delish, and almost like the real thing.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Mmmm! Must try this!

Erika said...

You crack me up, Jess. Proud of you for putting baby first :)