Saturday, December 5, 2009

What I'll remember about Thanksgiving Weekend 2009.

1. We had a wonderfully relaxing time with the Browns. We lounged around. A lot. And for busy people like me and Josh, that is perfect.

2. We were sick. (I suppose that is another reason why we lounged around.) Josh got sick on Thanksgiving day and didn't eat a bite of dinner, poor guy. I got sick two days later. But we're back in action now.

3. Pioneer Woman's turkey recipe was excellent, at least in my opinion. (The rest of the family agreed, but they may have been humoring me.) The brine helped keep it flavorful and juicy while cooking. For next time I'll aim my thermometer in a better place, however. We started cutting into it a wee bit too early.

Dinner

4. Her mashed potatoes (holy cow heart attack) and no-knead rolls were also terrific. As was Poppa Brown's famous Turkey dressing and Mom Brown's sweet potato-and-apple dish.

5. We bought all kinds of Blu-Rays on Black Friday, as Josh had received a PS3 (which includes a Blu-Ray player) a few days before.

bl1127_3184

6. We played lots of cards with Josh's parents and grandparents. Our favorite game is called Wizard. We like to call it "Wizzy."

Cards

7. We watched Star Trek on Blu-Ray. Twice. It is a new family favorite. We saw it over the summer in the theaters with Josh's parents, and Josh's dad came out of skipping like a little boy. So it was given - and received for Christmas presents.

8. The Lions lost. Oh wait, that's every Thanksgiving.

bl1126_3247

9. We made awesome sugar cookies. I'm saving the recipe for Short Stop's Cookie Exchange on December 9th, so stay tuned.

10. We had much to be thankful for. Praise the Lord for His boundless blessings.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

I'm sorry that you all got sick, bit it looks like you made the best of it! Glad you had a good time.