Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 In Review

1) Where did you begin 2007?

At the Telman's house with the rest of our old small group - Buurstras and VanHaitsmas. We played games and ate a lot, then left there and went to my parents party, which was still going strong until 4am.

2) What was your status by Valentine's Day?

Married. Neither of us have any idea what we did to celebrate.

3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?

Nope - but Josh started an MBA program this fall

4) How did you earn your money?

Worked at Zondervan full time through July. They graciously allowed me to go part time from Bloomington when we moved, so I've done that since. Then in September I got a job with the Chamber of Commerce in Bloomington. Two jobs, 20 hours/week each. Then I made some money on the side K-Leading.

5) Did you have to go to the hospital?

I visited my cousin Christina there last week when we were in Grand Rapids. Also, I worked with folks from the Bloomington hospital to promote new a new health insurance plan. I had many meetings there.

6) Did you have any encounters with the police?

I don't think so!

7) Where did you go on vacation?

Carmel, CA - golf (well, not for me) and other fun

Beaver Creek, CO - ski trip

Chicago, IL - for our anniversary!

Sun City, AZ - to visit the in-laws a couple times

8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?

Josh had to get a new computer for school.

9) Did you know anybody who got married?

Yes - Boeve & Erin and Allie & Dan, pretty much all friends from Michigan

10) Did you know anybody who passed away?

Don't think so.

11) What was your favorite event?

Hm... a toughie. There were lots of fun events to go to, but I really loved Christmas this year.

12) Which movie was your favorite in 2007?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

What was the furthest you travelled from home?

Southern California

14) What concerts/shows did you go to?

Josh took me to Wicked in Chicago!

15) Are you registered to vote?

Yes

16) What new person touched your life in 2007?

I can't pick just one, but I'm thankful for lots of new friends in Bloomington.

17) Where do you live now?

Bloomington, IN

18) Describe your birthday:

I turned 24 in Grand Rapids this year. Sadly Josh wasn't around, but I went to work at Zondervan, and coworkers there took me to lunch. Then I went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner with my parents, Ben, and Erin. Julie and Kara also managed to spoil me the next day. Had Josh been there it would have been perfect.

19) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2007?

Work 3 jobs at one time

20) What has been your favorite moment?

Getting Riley - and lots of fun times with him since

21) What's something you learned about yourself?

I don't have everything together. Far from it. I'm a work in progress and need God's grace every day

22.) Any new additions to your family?

Riley!

23.) What was your best month?

Even though it was hard and stressful, August was pretty exciting. We had just started our new adventure in Indiana, just gotten Riley, and I only worked part time for that month.

24.) What music will you remember 2007 by?

I got really into Derek Webb this year.

25) Who would you consider your "partner in crime" through 2007?

Probably Lora - we got in trouble with our out-of-town husbands by staying out too late. Other adventures in there, too.

26) Made new friends?

Yes, and I'm so very thankful. We miss GR people, we have have great new friends in Bloomington.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

This was fun to read! You did a lot of really fun things this year! I want to see Wicked...I've heard it's great!! :)

Happy New Year!