Thursday, January 10, 2008

Benny Look-a-like

Yesterday I was at the Chamber over lunchtime and stepped out to walk a block down to a local organic grocery store to grab a sandwich. Right as I rounded the corner to the store, I spotted a kid who was the SPITTING IMAGE of Ben, my little brother. So much that I did a double take and thought, "what the heck is my brother doing in Bloomington?"

Same face, same skinny-ness, same long curly brown hair, same mustache. See left for a picture of my actual brother and you will also see a picture of this kid.

So of course I stared at him open mouthed, realized he wasn't actually my brother, and continued to turn back to look at him because the resemblance was so uncanny. And of course the poor kid got really freaked out and I had to explain, feeling both foolish and bad for being so weird, that he looked like my brother. Then he game me a strange look that turned into a half smile, then took off. Probably thinking, "that was weird." Can't blame him.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Similar story--Greg and I were at Real Food in Alger Heights eating breakfast. We were sitting at the counter, and behind us was a dude that looked JUST LIKE Greg--Greg even thought so. It was so strange, and I think they caught a glimpse of each other and realized "holy crap, who is HE?"

Jaimbob said...

HA! At least you didn't start following him totally convinced that he was your brother... ;)

Short Stop said...

Totally something I would do! :)