Saturday, March 8, 2008

Puerto Varas







Hola de Puerto Varas, a quaint resort town in southern Chile!


Tonight we´re staying in a fabulous hotel - Mom Brown would love it! Up on a bluff overlooking the second largest lake in Chile. And across the lake? Snow capped Andes Mountains.


White water rafting, although not overly challenging due to water levels this time of year, was truly incredible. Clear teal-ish water, with views of the Andes everywhere set against trees and a blue sky. Amazing. I was reminded of God´s majesty, might, beauty, and creativity at every turn.




Wow.


O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory above the heavens.

Psalm 8:1


Seriously.


We bought a picture CD from the rafting place so I´m able to post some here. Check out my cannonball into the river!

5 comments:

Jaimbob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimbob said...

Hey homey! It looks like you are having a blast on your trip! I can't wait to eventually see the other pictures that you are talking about (like the overlook from the hotel room)... I am glad you shared about the cannon ball, as you were talking about easy rapids it def looks like you took a dip... wanted to make sure you weren't fallin out of the raft... :) Love ya Witte!

Short Stop said...

I am SO loving the cannonball!

That hotel looks insanely gorgeous! The view must be amazing!

I'm so glad you're having such a great time!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. What a great opportunity for the both of you. I didn't realize that this trip was actually for school until Oma told me. I look forward to hearing more.

Jenni S. said...

Wow! The white-water rafting sounds wonderful right about now (although, maybe not the cold water...no, not so much). But, really, it looks like it has been a beautiful and fulfilling trip so far. Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!