Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: Kraft Food & Family


To borrow a page from this book, I've decided to share about a new delightful discovery of mine: Kraft Food & Family Magazine. It is a free quarterly publication filled with all kinds of recipes! I just received my second issue today. Yes, they tend to include Kraft products (not big surprise there) but they are usually easy and (from what we've tried) delicious.
You can go to Kraft's website and sign up for the magazine. (I honestly couldn't figure out exactly where to sign up, so just used the "Contact Us" function and requested it.
And to give credit where credit is due, I found out about this from my friend Lora.
ALSO: I'm in desperate need of a WFMW tip on ants. We have some significant ant problems in our kitchen these days, and it creeps me out big time. Our kitchen looks out onto our "backyard" (actually a 12x12 plot that is half covered in concrete) through a window, and they seem to congregate around the windowsill and nearby sink. YUCK. Solutions, anyone? Something beyond killing them with squirts of Windex (our personal favorite). We also have traps, have put poisonous (to ants) goo around, and even had the apartment complex spray for them. And they remain. I've even dreamt about them this week.
And for those of you who came over for Easter, don't worry - I made sure to keep any food away from that side of the kitchen.
*************
Update on the housing search: We're actually leaning toward Holland. Actually, it was a little sad to me that all of you Grand Rapids-ites didn't pick that one, as it is CLOSEST TO YOU.
Sniff.
:)

5 comments:

Jenni S. said...

I use these recipes all the time and totally heart this magazine. And you can totally use other brands or generic brands in place of the Kraft suggestions to make the grocery bill a bit more tolerable! It truly is a great find!

Jaimbob said...

Hmmm... I have heard that cinnamon put at the site of where the ants are entering the house will stop them from coming in... but usually if you use the bait traps eventually that will get rid of them... my friend got some ant poison stakes that she put in the ground outside her place and that worked... OR better yet I would contact the rental office, if you have problems your neighbors probably do also so they will need to spray outside...

the buurstra's said...

Magazine: love it too. Haven't tried any recipes in there yet, but add it to the stack I plan to try...someday. :)

Ants: sorry, I got nothing. An exterminator maybe?

House: aww, Jess! I was just looking out for YOUR best interests...and it's not THAT MUCH farther, right?! :)

Short Stop said...

Oh, Jess. We'd love it if you were in Holland all summer. We're at the beach all the time, and we'd come visit and bring craziness your way!!! :)

I don't get this magazine, but I've heard from several people now that they love it!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you know I am ALL for Holland! :) We can carpool!!