Friday, April 4, 2008

Back At It

It is always nice to be home after going away for business for a couple of days! Sleeping in my own bed with Josh and Riley was a treat last night.


Some randomness from the past few days:



Jamie sent me "just 'cause" flowers :). What a sweet friend. Too bad they arrived on Tuesday after I had gone. BUT they're still amazingly beautiful and I love them.


I drove a hybrid car for the first time. Very cool. I totally want one. I do have to say that turning it on and off took some getting used to... definitely more of a computery feel than a car feel. Still pretty fun.

Josh was a sweetheart and unloaded the car for me yesterday. All morning I wondered where a certain bag - the one with samples, customer notes, catalogs, etc in it - had gone. Office? No. Downstairs somewhere? No. Car? No. Where HAD he put it? Then I checked the "backyard." It seems that he set it down next to the door to get something else inside, then forgot about it. No biggie. Except it POURED last night. Drenching rain. I now have file folders laying out to dry and certain catalogs/samples in the trash. Ha...

We're going on a date tonight! To my favorite place. YAY. Who cares that I'm still trying to lose those extra vacation pounds? I get to eat Chinese food tonight!

Anyone remember this post? (Probably not, as no one commented!) Well Sarah at Short Stop has done an incredible job of getting the word out about Cold Tangerines, which happens to be one of my favorite books of all time. AND Shauna Neiquist did a Q&A with her today... a must read for any CT fan :). Head on over!

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

I am SO jealous that you are going to pfchangs tonight. We love that place.

Jamie rocks. The flowers are mahhhvelous!

Cold Tangerines rocks, too! :)

Jenni S. said...

PF Changs - Oh I miss that place (we had one in Raleigh). Hope you had a wonderful date nate!

PS - I responded to your Cold Tangerines question at your gmail address - did you get it? I for some reason couldn't find the other one...

Jaimbob said...

YAY! I'm glad they still looked good when you got them, my heart did sink a little when I heard you were out of town when they were going to show up... How did you convince Josh to go out for Chinese...? :)