Saturday, February 2, 2008

Back At It

Sorry folks... I feel like Kara for letting this blog go so long without an update.

And this will be short.

I spent Tuesday evening - Friday evening last week in Grand Rapids for work. When I worked there I always took going into the office for granted. It was a treat to work from home for the occasional afternoon. But now going in is actually kind of fun! I get to see people and catch up with co-workers. I really enjoy the people I work with, but I think it would be weird to call them on Friday afternoons from my home office and chat about weekend plans. Much easier to do when you sit across the row from them (hi, Alex!) in an office.

GR was fine except the 4ish days I was there the entire state was buried in snow. Not the most fun for driving around, especially yesterday when I had a 5.5 hour drive to look forward to. Thankfully I had no big issues and the roads were mostly fine. I DID love getting to see my brother, cousins, and friends for a little bit... it makes me miss home! It felt like "old times" to watch LOST (yay, it is back on!) with the Telmans and Buurstras. Bryan and Erika, even though you don't care for the show, we still missed you!

And now it is blissful to be back home doing homey things... grocery shopping, snuggling with Josh and Riley, watching a movie... *smile*

Tonight we're off to what is usually refered to as the "MBA Prom" (the MBA Gala) so I'd better start getting ready! Thankfully Lora came through with a dress I could borrow at the last minute. Nothing like putting things off until the last minute! But I really hate dress shopping (nothing ever fits!) and am thankful I didn't have to spend today trying to do it in a less-than-exciting mall.

I'll post some pictures of the event tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

Can't wait to see the dress!

I'm sad I missed seeing you this time...but definitely when you're here for SC! YAY! :)

Anonymous said...

It was nice having you across the hall again for a couple of days. Our row is a little more fun when you are around. I hope you had fun at the Prom. :)

The Telmans said...

ouch on the Kara comment...just kidding, I know I earn my reputation! It was so good to see you too..