Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Trying To Remember This

O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.

Don't be concerned. There isn't anything especially painful going on around here. I'm talking about the stress of house work, busyness, travel, running (which has not been going well lately), leading a women's group, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. But still, I'm so prone to focus on all of those things and all there is to do and get completely overwhelmed.

Thankful for a God that cares about the grit, the mundane, and the everyday. And that He allows me to dump it all at His feet.

3 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Thanks for the reminder - I feel like God has been talking to me a lot about prayer lately, so He definitely used your blog today!

Erika said...

Amen and Amen, my friend. God is good.

Short Stop said...

It's 12:30am...and I'm awake...trying to get Lincoln to at least think about sleeping now! :)

THANK YOU for this. You are so right...it is SO comforting to know that God cares about "the grit, the mundane, and the everyday."