Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Blogger Moment

I'm home alone this evening, and now that I've packed all I can I thought I'd take a leisurely bath. With a book and a glass of wine.

As my bath was finishing up I started thinking about this blog, and some things I'd like to post in the next couple of days. I sat there with the water draining, coming up with new favorites and remembering stories from childhood I should share and thinking about how I wish I were as funny as David Sedaris.

Before I knew it, I was pulling on my jammies (yes, I still call them that) and it felt a little weird. They weren't going on as easily as they usually do. Then it hit me:

I'd missed the towel step altogether.

Yes, I was so wrapped up in blog thoughts that I pulled clothes onto my sopping wet body with no thought of drying off first. The jammies don't feel so great now - they're still damp - but they're all I have that aren't packed into the trunk of the car. It is like a full body drip dry, if you know what I mean.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That's hilarious!!! I once got out of the shower, dried off, and then realized that I never actually used soap to wash my body. I washed my hair and was so distracted with some very important thought, that of course I can't remember, and I forgot what I was doing.

Short Stop said...

Oh, the life of a blogger! LOL! That is hilarious.

Jason walked into the kitchen one night while I was sobbing over a bowl of cookie dough. When he asked why I was crying,

"I was thinking about a blog post idea and it's making me cry." YIKES. Bloggers Anonymous...here I come.

Jenni S. said...

LOL! Oh I've totally been there. Maybe not the bloggy drip-dry, but pretty close!