Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life As It Stands

This is how I currently feel:

Ick. The week is full of packing, cleaning, and work. I have half-finished piles of stuff in a number of places around here, and an ever-growing to-do list. I keep thinking of things I'm sure I'm going to forget to bring home. You know, typical moving stuff. But the upcoming weekend is the bright spot of sunlight on the horizon. I can't wait.

In addition to moving back to Bloomington in FIVE DAYS, we've got some significant excitement planned. Saturday morning, after waving goodbye to our "summer home" we'll be headed to the PGA Golf Tournament with my parents in suburban Detroit.

That evening, we'll head over to Comerica Park for the annual Witte Family Tiger's Game. After crashing with our good friends that night (we love you, Chris and DeeDee!), we'll head out for more golf Sunday morning. Watch for us on TV! Then back down to Indiana we go that evening.

Can you see why I'm excited? I almost feel like I'm 8 again and have just been promised a trip to the zoo in exchange for cleaning my room. It is like adult bribery. Thank you, Lord, for a dose of sweet motivation!


And I'd just like to give a shout-out to my in-laws, who are celebrating their anniversary today. Congratulations!

3 comments:

Paulina said...

Jess (and Josh),
Sorry for delay, but here are my book preferences:
- The Life You've Always Wanted
- The Gospel of Ruth
- What's So Amazing About Grace

Thanks for doing this! Have a great trip to see the golf and family.
Bill

Jenni S. said...

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend! Hope you're getting lots of packing done!

Short Stop said...

Things half done? Really? Who lives like that? LOL! You should see this place....

Have a great weekend!