Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Afternoon Randomness

1. Riley's new motto: Will Work For Speedboat Rides

We spent the 4th at my grandparents' cottage on Big Whitefish Lake. Riley took his first speedboat ride and decided he liked the feeling of wind in his face. From then on he begged to go along on the boat when anyone took off. We enjoyed beautiful weather, relaxing time to read and play tennis, and some boating fun.






2. I love, love, love Rose's on Reed's Lake. Especially the deck.

We spent Saturday evening with my parents and Oma (dutch for grandma) enjoying the perfect summer evening and a delicious dinner.

3. I miss giong to Ada Bible Church.

Josh and I started to attend Ada right before we left for Bloomington last summer. We went there again on Sunday. We really like it there. Who knows? Maybe God will bring us back to GR someday. Until then we'll just have to listen online.

4. Bloggy Book Giveaway

Copies of Messy Spirituality have been sent! I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think! Short Stop, I have given out all ten copies, but I just might be able to get you one anyway. I'll work on it!

5. Girl's Night Out

Jamie (friend from college) is here and we're hittin' the town with Jessica (another friend from college) tonight! We did a spa/wine tasting weekend together last summer, which was of course excellent, but that was the last time we were together. We'll be missing a crucial puzzle piece, DeeDee, tonight. I'm sure we'll still manage to have a good time, however.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like you're having fun, Jess. Enjoy the girls night and the relaxation! Hopefully Josh and Riley have good 'man-time' home alone :)

Jenni S. said...

Next time you're in town we totally need to do Rose's. Neither Sarah nor I have been and I keep hearing all this stuff about it.

BTW, I'm with Riley - I'd beg for a speedboat ride too.

Short Stop said...

Oh, those pics on the boat. SO fun!

I love Ada Bible. It would be so cool if you guys live back here and can go, again!

Messy Sprituality - we own it! I happen to have a good connection at Z. Do you know him? Looking forward to reading it! ;)

Zaankali said...

I got my book and can't wait to start reading. I love this post because I too LOVE ROSE'S! I have blogged about it a couple times. We will be there this Saturday after we play 9 holes of golf to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I can't wait. I hope we have great weather.
Smiles!